The Uplink community aims to be a safe, inclusive, welcoming, and harassment-free experience for everyone. All members are therefore asked to adhere to this Code of Conduct, both online and during in-person events that are hosted by or associated with Uplink.
The Uplink admin team is responsible for clarifying and enforcing the standards of acceptable behavior and has the right to exclude members from the community in case of violations.
These are the standards that everyone in the Uplink community should follow:
- Treat everyone with respect and kindness.
- Be thoughtful in how you communicate.
- Don’t be destructive or inflammatory.
Examples of behavior that contribute to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing other people’s private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
Reporting & Feedback
If you think someone from the community violated the Code of Conduct, please get in touch! The same applies if in your opinion something should be added to or changed in our Code of Conduct.