Client: A company that supports clients in building developer teams
As an Android developer you will be building the customer-facing product to file tax returns on Android mobile phones. You will be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to create elegant and reliable user interfaces. We’ve made progress on the iOS app and backend, but we’ll need your help to make the Android app feel at home in the Android ecosystem.
Since it’s a new project, you’ll get to make the calls on architecture, libraries, minSdkVersion, and so on. Interested in Kotlin? Sure! Let’s get that going.
We’re using React Native in the iOS app for the view layer. Don’t let that worry you, though, as a big part of the app is still a native iOS product. So, even though we’d want to keep using React Native for Android also, be aware that your Gradle, your RecyclerViews, your RxJava knowledge is as necessary as ever.
* Collaborate closely in a multi-disciplinary team to define and ship an app that will grow with the product
* Implementing custom UI components for our conversational interface - either native or hybrid
* Integrate both our own and third-party APIs
* Be responsible for app distribution through Google Play
* Unit test, debug and optimise code for efficiency and performance
* 3+ years of experience in developing Android apps
* Have published one or more Android apps
* Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to testing and deployment
* Ability to make pragmatic decisions in response to time and resource constraints in a startup
* Experience with Java (and/or Kotlin), Git and TDD
* Knowledge of developing hybrid apps (e.g. React Native)
* Proven experience connecting Android applications to back-end services
* Very good verbal and written English communication skills
* Permanently based in Berlin or willing to move / remote afterwards is an option
* EU passport holder or other permit to work in the EU
Must have skills
Nice to have skills
This job is already closed and applications are therefore no longer possible.
Join Uplink now to not miss out on similar jobs in the future!