Last week ,we had the please to host our last IPAs & APIs Freelancer Meetup for the year! 🥳 🍻
The location was our tried and trusted bar Straßenbräu, which we've been to a few times before, and it turned out to be a great evening with many old and new faces!
This time, the whole Uplink team (Manuel, Nick, Lea and Maike) was there, since we took the opportunity to get everyone together in Berlin for some team activities in the days after the meetup. As you might know, we are "remote first", so it was the first time in a while that all of us were in the same room! 👯♀️ 👯
This was also the first time we sold tickets for one of our meetups! They were 5€ each, and served two purposed:
- Firstly, we wanted to test whether selling tickets would let us plan the number of attendees better. In the past, we were never sure how many people would really show up to a meetup, so it was hard to plan ahead, reserve seating etc. This time, 37 ticketst were sold and about 40-50 people showed up - some postponed buying the ticket until after 5pm, when the meetup officially started and Eventbrite wouldn't let you buy a ticket anymore. 🤷♂️ So, great success on this front, pretty much everyone who bought a ticket actually showed up! 👌
- Secondly, we wanted to take the chance and collect some money for a good cause. This is why we got some sponsors on board as well, so we could quintuple the money from the tickets (tickets + Uplink + 3 sponsors) and donate it to Ukraine relief by Deutsches Rotes Kreuz (925€ were donated to them today).
Our awesome sponsors for this meetup were:
- 9am offers everything freelancers need: exciting projects, a strong community and more time to earn money.
- Junico helps Gen Y-Z freelancers get started in the fast-paced new world of work - with bureaucratic issues, with more visibility and with suitable projects.
- Prepend helps companies develop custom apps, online platforms and e-commerce solutions.
Thanks to everyone who came to the meetup! The conversations we have with you during these events are always super inspiring and give us the motivation and energy we continue to invest in the community.